Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Just like my Dad

I love you son, like my Dad loved me.
I loved you right from the beginning you see.
from the top of your head to your tiny toesies.
I loved you when we brought you home,
Wrapped up like a burrito to keep you warm.
I love it when you giggle and smile
It fills the whole house with joy for awhile.
I love your hands that grip so tight
Around my fingers with all your might.
I love it when you kick you feet
Won’t be long you’ll be chasing me.
I’ll love you no matter the risk,
even poopy diapers that make me sick.
I’ll love you when you go to school
And learn about stuff that’s really cool.
I’ll love you when you make mistakes.
I make them too, it’s really ok.
I’ll love you when you start to grow
From 1 foot now to 6 feet, who knows?
I’ll love you when you decide to leave
and start your very own family.
Then you can say to your new baby,
I love you, like my Dad loved me.

No comments:

Post a Comment